In my last post I had dropped a teaser about our first contest on the blog. Today I want to fill you in on the big announcement!
To commemorate the one year anniversary of Kim being diagnosed with RAD, she and I would like to raise money for the Rheumatoid Patient Foundation (RPF). It is the first and only non-profit organization dedicated solely to advocating for and helping those who have been diagnosed with RAD. Our goal is to raise $1,500 over the next six weeks. All monies raised will go directly to the RPF.
Now it hardly seems fair for us to ask you to give without giving something ourselves . . . . . so that is exactly what we are going to do! Give a minimum of $25 before December 12, 2012 at our Wishes.com link and you will be entered into a drawing for one of three fabulous prizes. The prizes will be three small custom woodworking pieces handcrafted by myself. Each piece will be valued at a minimum of $100. Shortly after December 12, 2012, we will randomly draw the names of three winners and will ship them their prizes. See below for contest rules and details.
In order to hit our goal of $1,500 by 12/12/12 we need your help! Here is how you can help.
- Give if you can. $25 gets you an entry into the contest for the prizes, but any amount is appreciated.
- The more people that know about this, the more money we can raise for the RPF. $1,500 is our goal, but we wouldn’t mind smashing that by a lot! This means that we need you to help spread the word about our contest.
- Let people know by emailing them our Wish link, sharing it on Facebook, Tweeting it, or posting it on your own blog!
- Follow the link to our Wish and become a Sidekick by sharing through Wishes.com!
- When you do share, if you would include links to the RPF we would greatly appreciate it! Also, if you tweet it if you would include the hashtag #rheum and @RheumPF that would be great!!!
In the coming weeks we will post pictures of the prizes we will be giving away. Why not post them now??? I haven’t made them yet! So I have six weeks to get busy and while I’m in the shop we would appreciate you giving and spreading the word. Thanks so much!!!
In case you missed it, here is the link to our wish!!! Kim’s RAD Wish
P.S. Just to show you that you will be getting something of real quality if you win, here is small sampling of my work. Finished work. No. No one will be winning anything as large as is pictured in my finished work, but the quality will be of the same level!
Contest rules and details. Three prizes will be awarded. The individual value of each prize will be no less that $100. The prize awards will be final. To be eligible for a chance to win a prize you must donate a minimum of $25 towards our wish at Wishes.com. Three different random winners will be chosen shortly after the contest ends on 12/12/12. The winners will be notified in order to get their mailing information at which time we will ship the prizes directly to them. No spam, no selling of your personal information, no other hidden agenda, no strings attached, and no further obligation to read every post I ever write (though that would be very nice of you). Simply offering prizes of a significant value in exchange for monies being donated to a great cause!!!